If your day starts and ends with coffee, this article is a must-read for you! We dig into the research that proves that a few cups of coffee everyday are indeed good for your health and well-being.
Ever wondered how your daily cup of coffee is affecting your health? If not, then it’s time for you to take a break and analyse your daily in-take of coffee. We aren’t trying to scare you but are making you aware about the findings of a new research that proves that limited consumption of coffee may be good for your health!But overdoing it, may have severe consequences too. So, drink up that cup of coffee, but remember not to overdo it.
Benefits of Coffee:
- Drinking coffee regularly lowers the risk of many health problems like: Type 2 Diabetes, Alzheimer and Parkinson, suicide risk and depression. And most importantly it reduces the risk of developing cancer.
- A limited consumption of coffee helps you feel more alert and active all day long due to the presence of caffeine in it. Talking about the subject, Chief Dietician at Fortis Hospital (Bangalore), Shalini Arvind says, “Caffeine may change the perception of sweet taste as per few research carried out to find the effect of caffeine on taste buds. Caffeine actually suppresses the adenosine receptors which otherwise promotes relaxation. Thus, making you more alert. At the same time, caffeine reduces your perception of sweet taste as well. This may make you feel the need for more sugar.”
- 2 cups of black coffee acts as a pre-workout elixir, and can also reduce the post-workout muscle pain by 48%. Along with this it also improves your skin quality by making it smoother and cleaner.
Disadvantages of Coffee:
- Excessive consumption of coffee can cause insomnia and restlessness. If you are caffeine-sensitive, be careful and in fact stay off coffee,as different body-types have different level of tolerance to caffeine intake. So,the next time listen to your body first before consuming coffee.
- Bad coffee can be toxic as it contains lot of impurities which can cause sickness, headache or a general upset stomach. And, if you drink 15-20 litre of coffee in a short duration, it will amount 10-13 grams of caffeine within your body which can be very harmful for your health, and in worse conditions it could also lead to death.
- If you have become a coffee addict, then you should cut down the number of cups right now. As you might feel more fatigued when the effect of caffeine goes away. You may also face anxiety issues, as caffeine helps body release more adrenaline which charges up your body. With higher dose of caffeine, this combined effect leads to anxiety and nervousness.
We suggest, you consume coffee in a limited amount according to your body’s tolerance limit for caffeine. Don’t let coffee or anything become an addiction for you. Consume it for the benefit of yourself, and lead a fit and healthy lifestyle.